2016 Press Pieces
August 2016: “Morgunblaðið”, Iceland’s most widely read and respected daily newspaper
- In this article, “Morgunblaðið” is covering the Guinness World Record attempt which will take place on September 5th 2016.
May 2016: “Cycle News”, Americas Motorcycle News Source
- Cycle News covered the ‘Mile for Peace’ motorcycle adventure.
May 2016: Various Icelandic national Newspapers and Lifestyle Magazines covered ‘Miles for Peace’. For those of you who do understand Icelandic, click this link (http://globalmikereid.com/miles-for-peace/) to get the run-down.
- “Morgunblaðið”, Iceland’s most widely read and respected daily newspaper, covered the ‘Miles for Peace” motorcycle adventure, which was a 7500 mile motorcycle trip across America with the goal of raiding funds for a Non Profit called Seeds for Peace.
- “Séð og Heyrt”, Iceland’s weekly Lifestyle magazine, covered the ‘Miles for Peace” motorcycle adventure.
- “DV”, Iceland’s News/Lifestyle magazine covered the ‘Miles for Peace” motorcycle adventure.
2015 Press Pieces
July 2015: Countryman Microphones ‘Case Study’ Press Release
- Countryman was a sponsor of the 1000K to Tokyo expedition. As part of the post expedition media announcements, Countryman published a ‘case study’ of how I used the B3 Lav microphone on the expedition.
July 2015: Proaudio-Central.com Post Expedition Press Release
- Pro Audio Central is a respected outlet for professionals in the world of audio. They published a piece on the 1000K to Tokto expedition.
2014 Press Pieces
September 2014: KRY News Network 2nd Feature Piece, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan
- Similar to the first feature piece in May 2014, this piece also covered the advocacy work that Life Recycled does with the local community.
July 2014: MBC, KNN, and Kookie Shinmun Coverage (Busan, South Korea)
- Upon arrival in Busan, South Korea and officially completing the first kayaking expedition between Japan and South Korea, we were covered by three two local news networks (KNN and Kookie Shinmum) and a national network (MBC).
June 2014: NHK National News Network Feature Piece, Tokyo, Japan
- Mike Reid and Kouji Hara are featured on Japans National News Network for their attempt at the first sea kayak crossing from Japan to South Korea.
June 2014: Various Newspapers covering the Japan to Korea kayaking expedition
- Yuya City Newspaper
- The Daily New Shunan
- Mianichi Newspaper
- Iki Island Newspaper
- Asahi Newspaper
May 2014: KRY News Network Feature Piece, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan
- Featuring Life Recycled, the organization which Mike Reid was the founding member of, doing work to clean the East Asian Sea between Japan and Korea.
2013 Press Pieces
August 2013: NHK National News Network Feature Piece, Tokyo, Japan
- Featuring Mike Reid, the founder of Life Recycled, an organization dedicated to addressing the issue of beach trash and pollution in the East Asian Sea, is interviewed for this use or “Found Object Art” as part of the Life Recycled awareness projects in the local community.